Web / Graphic Designer
Went to school for art and design, but IT government contracting for the past 15 years for my dayjob. Still working in design and web development since 2000. Hiring me means you get the creative out-of-the-box thinking with the studious optimization and time management of a government contractor. It’s the best of both worlds; someone who can build and grow while documenting the process for further audits.
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Years Using Photoshop
Years Using Illustrator
Years Using Wordpress
Industries Worked In
- Web Design
- Graphic Design
- System Administration
- Desktop Support
- Payroll Administration
Experienced Knowledge In
- Mac OS
- Windows OS
- Windows Server OS
Frontend Developer & OwnerOther10.com - Charlottesville, VA October 2012 to Present
Owner and Operator of local web design company that does full service build, hosting and security. Powerlisting and search optimization; specializing in local seo. Monthly updates and quarterly reviews.
- Design of websites, logos & other miscellaneous marketing requirements
- Running hosting services and building server space
- knowledge of W3C standards
- knowledge HTML5 & jQuery
- My personal business, may be biased
- Opportunity to build an accelerated design process
- Opportunity for professional development
Payroll Systems AnalystDXC Technologies / General Dynamics - Charlottesville, VA & Falls Church, VA September 2007 to Present
Desktop support for the primary hub of payroll for General Dynamics. Working with a mixture of new server software and 10+ year old accounting software that requires a broad range of skills. Main primary projects revolving around paycheck deployment to all GD business units.
- Full desktop support "white glove treatment"
- Telephony & Networking knowledge and abilities
- Archival practices & payroll check printing services.
- knowledge HTML5 & jQuery
- Great job in a reputable company
- Building an entire business unit how I wanted it laid out
- Abilities to work in many areas, including Apps, Server & Networking
Web Designer/Developerwesellis.com – Charlottesville, VA November 2003 to July 2012
Picked up all graphic and web development work contractually that came my way under my personal LLC. Built websites for all companies.
- "Pick-up" web projects for all paying clients
- Hosting services offered
- Archival practices & migration services
- Email and social media integration and setup
- This was my personal side-job for many years
- It kept me fresh through the years while working IT
- How I came to primarily use Wordpress after many years of HTML, CSS & PHP3.
Lead Systems AnalystGeneral Electric Fanuc – Charlottesville, VA November 2004 to August 2007
Lvl 3 Tech Support for thousands within GE Fanuc Infrastructure. Phone support for VIP and “Road Warriors” 24/7. Ran the “End-of-Lease” Computer Depot, shipping massive pallets of PCs, CRT Monitors and large boxes of accessories such as keyboards and speakers monthly. Maintaining internal support website.
- Primarily desktop support, extended to server and networking work.
- Ran team of 5 using Six Sigma practices
- Ran the End of Lease depot for all local locations
- Maintained the internal support website and ticketing system.
- Started as a temp, moved up to tech lead within two years.
- Received multiple accolades and green belt Six Sigma training
- Only left because of outsourcing boost in 2007. Reverted back a year later and asked me to come back, but I was already at General Dynamics.
“Away Team” Lead Migration ContractorNorthrop Grumman / Sperry Marine – Charlottesville, VA November 2003 to November 2004
Migration of 1000+ consoles to Microsoft Active Directory from Novell Directory System worldwide. Graphical Design for pamphlets and instructions to help the customers use Microsoft AD systems. Received “Enhanced Reliability Status” security clearance to be part of this migration.
- Migrating users from Novell to AD Users & Computers
- Migration of email services from Groupwise to Outlook
- Traveled to locations to find their requirements and needs
- Created pamphlets and hosted "Lunch & Learn" for ease of use
- Learned how to use Microsoft Server services
- Was able to travel and work with clients for varied cultures and backgrounds
- Learned how to organize and implement high capacity migrations
2004B.A. in ArtsVirginia Intermont College – Bristol, VA August 2000 to November 2004
2006A.A. in Graphic DesignVirginia Intermont College – Bristol, VA August 2000 to May 2006